Saturday, December 09, 2006

The News...

wow- one minute I write a rant about street harrasment........ and the next i read this in the BBC;

** Egypt arrests another blog critic **Police in Cairo detain a blogger known as Ayyoub whose posts are critical of theEgyptian government.< http://news.bbc.co.uk/go/em/fr/-/2/hi/middle_east/6164798.stm

check it out!!! Guess I had better be careful what I put in my blog eh?!!!

After I read this I went on to follow the various links and was quite shocked and upset by all I read. I guess i am very naive....... All the things they say happen here must, i guess.... Then I went to the BBC news homepage for UK and read about prostitutes being murdered in Ipswitch and shootings in Glasgow etc etc. It's bad here for some things- but I guess every culture has its own evils.

No comments: