Friday, February 19, 2010

Translations of songs

Found a blog that has a lovely translation in it..also some thoughts, poems and ideas, political and emotional from an arab man's viewpoint. check it out!

http://saeedomar.blogspot.com

This is the translation included...

Amal Hayati by Om Kalsoum


Hope of my life
O love that has costed much;
one that does not end
O beautiful song
that my heart has heard,
and cannot be forgotten
take all of my life
but today, but today, let me live


let me aside you, leave me
in the lap of your heart
and leave me dream, leave me
and i hope my time wont wake me up!


i have never tasted passion like your passion
i have never liked my life, if it wasnt for you
i accepted my wishes, and accepted this life, and accepted love

the first time we met I gave you my heart; my heart

more than this joy i dont dream
more than what i am in, i dont ask

after my contentment with you
if my life persihes, i wont regret

and it is enough to wake up to your smile saying 'Ya Ein'
i d hear it like a song,
that says 'my love does not end'

let me aside you, leave me
in the lap of your heart
and leave me dream, leave me
and i hope my time wont wake me up!

whose love, have made all life love
whose closeness, woken my life and my heart

and you along, it is hard to blink an eye; not even for a second
it is hard to see your beauty and sweetness fade

thus i miss you, thus i long for you
longing for you, and you and you

i wish i can call you with a word that has not been called upon you, by anyone
a word that measures up to all of your love
measures up to all my yearnings
a word like you; and who is like you!?
for the like of you, have not seen another

o my love, however long my life is with you, its days would be few
for the happiness and passion in your love, could not last us long generations

your love have fulfilled my heart and thoughts
illuminated my night and make me live longer

No comments: