Saturday, May 02, 2009

Pigs

2 whole days without internet connection. It's amazing how efficient you can be, or should I say, I can be, without facebook and msn!!!!!

I have a fairly busy schedule at work over the next 2 weeks;
Nile Pharoah- 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 5th, 6th, 9th, 12th and 13th May.
All good.

Work was strange last night. I had 2 tables right at the front of the stage who all looked miserable and gave NO indication that they could even see that there was a dancer in front of them. Yet a table with 7 women (bellydancers from Ireland) made it a really fun night and helped me perform despite a stinking cold. Afterwards we all got up to dance and got half the rest of the audience up to dance too (except the 2 miserable tables!!!). I love my job.

Oh and a friend of mine sent me this link from a newspaper in Australia.
http://news.theage.com.au/breaking-news-world/egypt-to-begin-pig-slaughter-in-earnest-20090502-aqpu.html
The Egyptian goverment in their infinate wisdom are using the recent outbreak of swine flu as an excuse to cull thousands of pigs across the country. Considering these pigs are the property of some of the poorest people in the country (also most of whom happen to be christian) there are too many questions as to the real reasons why this is happening! The people who collect the rubbish use pigs to dispose of the organic waste matter. Efficient recycling. Not sure what will happen ones the pigs have gone.

No comments: