Wednesday, January 07, 2009

Do's and Don'ts re Badly Behaved Belly!

What can I say? You have all been wonderful and helpful as ever….. I feel whenever I need an answer to anything at all, my blog readers are out there eager to support me! It seems like I am not the only dancer out there who suffers in this way!
Thank you all… I had so many responses that I have had to compile a list of do's and don'ts so I could make sense if it all………..



Do………….

pills with acidophilus
ginger root tea
licorice tea
massage stomach
one teaspoon of lemon juice in a cup of warm water
peppermint tea
mint tablets
colpermin
propolis -20 drops 3 times a day in water or with a spoonful of sugar
white syrup to protect stomach (Gaviscon?)


Foods to fill me up but not fill up my stomach……..

protein shakes instead of meals before dance
babybel
apple
muesli bars or a cracker.
nuts
raw veg and fruit
seeds
rice noodles


Don't……….

black tea
mint tea ( this one confuses me- lots of you say mint is good- to the point of taking tablets even, yet some say mint is bad???)
ham
tomatoes
fried food
chocolate ( the number 1 thing I live on!)
spicy food
meat
wheat/gluten- ie bread and pasta! ( the number 2 thing I live on!)


Anything I have missed out????

Or of course……………… I can just continue starving myself when i have work and then binging when I don’t have work…. Which is my current answer! Seemingly- according to 'Dina'- don’t eat at all for 6 hours before performing since the stomach can't move properly unless totally empty!

No comments: