Monday, September 25, 2006

Surprise !

Lorna (of Cairo!) in Edinburgh!!!

I'm home as of tonight........ although just for 2 weeks.

I was missing everyone too much- had to come back for a visit!!! Sorry for keeping it a secret but I didn't warn you all because I was frightened that I may have to change my plans (because of performances here) at the very last minute (wouldn't want to disappoint anyone!)- and it was a secret even from Khalid til this weekend!!! Plus since not much performance work thoughout Ramadan in Cairo, I need to get some money in the bank to help fund the next 6 months out there!!!! so........

Lorna performing in Edinburgh, Sept +Oct;
If you want to see me perform (in some of my new costumes!!) I'll be pulling rank and doing all the Morocco Walima nights I can while I'm around;
wed 27th, thurs 28th and fri 29th Sept (not 30th- got a wedding that night!)
wed 4th, thurs 5th, fri 6th and sat 7th Oct.
So please come and see me so I can catch up with everyone!!!!

Plus;

Weekend of Workshops with BellyLorna !!!

Sat 7th Oct

Dundee - 12-2pm, Energie Fitness Club, Douglasfield, Douglas road, Dundee, DD4 8LF. £18
Cupar, Fife - 3-5pm, Yvonne Gray School of Dance, short lane, crossgate, Cupar. £15

Both these workshops will be aimed somewhere around Improver/Intermediate level- beginners with some experience welcome and more advanced dancers may still enjoy getting some insight into the 'Cairo way' of doing some of the moves!!!
contact Caroline for info, map and booking form on carodans@hotmail.com


Sun 8th Oct
at Morocco Walima (3a1 Dundas st), Edinburgh

Beginners/Improvers ( ie doing basics- but cairo style!) 11-1pm

Improvers/Intermediate
(combinations and technique) 1.30-3.30pm

Advanced
(and by this I mean people who are currently performing on a regular basis and/or teaching only please. Musical interpretation technique and how to move your audience- performance skills!) 4.30-6.30pm

all these Walima workshops will be strictly limited to 15 people max- so if you want to come please email me urgently to get your name down and I'll email you the booking form bellylorna@hotmail.com. Price for each one will be £15 , please make cheque payable to 'Lorna Gow Dance' or if paying by cash please also pay in advance of workshops- payment must be received in advance in order to reserve your place (sorry to be so stict- but since I'm limiting numbers I want to make sure everyone gets a fair chance!)

Also I will be available for private classes- just drop me a line if you are interested....

Thats it for now- really excited about being back in Scotland!!!- hope to see most of you over the next 2 weeks!!

No comments: