Thursday, May 10, 2007

covering up

I haven't written on the blog for a while- partly since I was busy working last week....... but mainly because I have been in bed with a tummy bug for last 5 days!!! Grr here they call it a 'cold' in your stomach- and a doctor even prescribed me the equivelent of lemsip pills for it (no cold at all- just everything in my stomach escaping, rapidly, from whichever end it deems closest!!!) Anyway- drugs and bed rest for 5 days- and I am hoping to be fit for work again tomorrow- Inshallah!!!!

However- Whatever I could complain about- right now I am soooo glad I dont live in Iran. I read this on the BBC news today about the crackdown on dress code of women over there....

"Since we came out this morning many people we met have continuously warned us to be careful about our headscarves and to wear them further forward because they are arresting women who are dressed like this," she says.
Boutique owners are furious. Some shops have been sealed - others warned not to sell tight revealing clothing.
One shopkeeper selling evening dresses told us the moral police had ordered him to saw off the breasts of his mannequins because they were too revealing.


Did you get that- saw off the breasts of his mannequins !!!!!

I couldn't believe it when I read that (there's a picture too!!!) What 'sad' 'so and so' in the moral police in Iran felt that a mannequin in a shop window was too tempting to be left whole? How sick is he? And whats next? being covered not enough? they going to insist women bind their chest (or worse????)

Thank god Egypt is not like that!!!

No comments: