Sunday, November 04, 2007

Omar Sherif

My mum always used to tell me she married my dad becuase he looked like Omar sherif... I never quite saw it before i saw him on a camel .... but perhaps there is something there....



oops- no, that one is the camel...................

here's my dad..........

and then there is the family pic......

Unfortunatly I think my parents over-riding impression of Cairo was horrific traffic and pollution. a shame really cos I wanted them to love the place as much as I do.... But there were some special moments -like when the guide Hussain took us on camels to see the pyramids. he was fantastic and speaks multiple languages and totally non pushy. I recommend him as a guide for anyone setting out the the pyramids- his number is 010 173 9236. We paid 100le total, which I felt was absolutly earned for the tour we were given.

No comments: