Thursday, November 29, 2007

Workshop with Nour. 24/11/07

Wow but this woman makes you work!

Elegant, stylish, fun and cheeky. Loved it. There was one part in the choreography though which was soooo fast and hard I would dread it coming. She had us doing chonks moving to the side- fine, but bobbing on every 4th one, fine, but super fast- saab gidden (very hard!!!!) I thought I was reasonable fit until that move! The only problem was I had forgotten how much she loves arabesques and should have taken shoes with me because doing them over and over in bare feet, on the carpet did go for my knees! What I like about her teaching style is that she leaves you in no doubt what you should be doing- you might not be able to do it, but you know exactly where your weight should be, whether your toes should be flat, demi point , where your arms should be etc etc – everything. Very clear teacher. Her's was the only DVD of the week that I bought, and one I felt I would have to do a lot of work on before I even thought about going to her for a private class! Again- a few of her arm movements in particular have found there way into my own show… so success again!

No comments: