Sunday, August 19, 2007

sound levels...

I am being frustrated every night by the authorites! The Egyptian ministry of Interior now have boats on the Nile with sound measuring equipement who go alongside the cruise boats and close down any businesses who go over the allowed levels. I know of one boat already which has been closed due to this!

This means that the managers on the boats where I work at the Pharoah, are incrediably paranoid all the time and are forever asking my band to lower the volume. This makes it very difficult to get the atomsphere going when I am dancing and frustrates my musicians no end. But what can we do?

The system was set up because some of the boats are nightclubs- with the volumes of music you would associate with that, rather than places like us with 'normal' levels.... but its affecting us all. Grr.

No comments: