Tuesday, November 28, 2006

Fireworks!!

I would love to know what the occasion was tonight……and will let you know if i find out...…. But I was sitting doing emails and suddenly there were lots of bangs- it really sounded as though Cairo was being bombed! I ran to my balcony and saw the most wonderful huge fireworks lighting up the sky above the Nile and the Four Seasons hotel- behind the Cairo Tower- what a wonderful sight. Granted they didn’t have a huge range of different types of fireworks- but it was still lovely to see. What else was really nice was seeing all the people on their balconies and also standing in the grounds of the Gazira club…watching and clapping after each firework! It was lovely and reminded me how sweet and excitable the Egyptians can be at times………….

No comments: