Friday, May 23, 2008

Sandy photos.... from Siwa

on the 'road' to nowhere............




Moira. I didn't even know she and Jackie from Edinburgh were coming on this holiday so it was a LOVELY suprise to meet them at the airport!



Gemma came along with her mum on this holiday... but from this photo you would think she was born in the desert- those eyes are just perfect in those sands!





Mindy and Linda- one adventuring off- the other sitting patiently waiting.............

The jeep drivers...............



Thats me- in the pink and red...... can you spot me?!!!!!!!!...........

and there's me pointing out the ridge...............................

what ridge I hear you ask?....................................



.............................



this one!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This really was what the desert was about for me..............

............ and here's Nancy and Karen chillin out on the edge!


and here's Ann- surrounded by nothing.......................

This last shot looks out of focus.... and black and white somehow too. Its neither. There was a fairly strong wind and the sands were being swept along the surface of the desert creating this eiry effect!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love the one of you pointing to the ridge. You look like a kid finding something really exciting! It's lovely. Looks amazing. if you need a pee where do you go? I mean there's no trees to go behind, are there?
Siwa looks brilliant, altho I know the 13 hour journey would really put me off. I'm glad your stamina was worth it!
And Sam looks so cute. Big hugs to you. xxx

Lorna (aka BellyLorna!) said...

It was amazing!
re pee......... god only knows- thankfully I didn't get to that stage!!!!

Sam is cute and I miss him dreadfully!

hugs back at you- whoever you are (it only comes up anon! )

x