Tuesday, June 01, 2010

Latest Lorna video and warning to all female travellers!




This is the latest clip online of me performing.

The costume (Eman Zaki) looks lovely but the dancing is not in my opinion my best ever- but perhaps my opinion is swayed becuase i can't take my eyes off my huge (for me) belly!!!!!!! where did all of that come from? It's gone now- dancing over 30 shows in last 2 weeks has made sure of that! Amazing what Egyptian food can do to a body!

Think I might have to get into the studio for a stretch before work tonight...

BBC weather page says the max temp today is 40 deg- but i don't believe it- the wind is strong and its like a hairdryer on you constantly!


WARNING to all female travellers arriving esp alone at Cairo airport. DO NOT TAKE A TAXI FROM THE TOUTS WHO COME AROUND THE ARRIVAL ENTRANCE!

Instead go to the airport taxi/limo desk. The prices are the same, usually... and the saftely is the amin thing. Above all never get in a private car that is not even marked taxi!

A guests arrived yesterday but did get in a private car, not realising she shouldn't, since the driver was laughing and chatting with the police, which assured her that things were ok. I won't put details of exactly what happened.... but lets just say he was a pervert and she was very upset by the time she eventually arrived to my house. I think she was actually lucky that things weren't actually worse than they had been, becuase he drove her, intentionally, out of town into a deserted area 1st, knowing she wouldn't be able to attract attention or get help. PLEASE take care. Even if you end up spending a few extra pounds on an airport taxi- it is worth it! The police take a register of the taxi number and the nationality of the people in it, so you are protected..... unlike private cars where they don't even check who you are and no-one has a note of anything!

3 comments:

Norma@noquickfix.org.uk said...

Lovely performance Lorna! I hope your guest was OK.

Anonymous said...

Norma I detect a sligt overweight in the lower midriff area, lower ab exercises and working on either side of your body with light weights should remove this. Overall you look great.

Lorna (aka BellyLorna!) said...

don't know who Norma is.....

but thanks for your pointed remarks re my physique... actually it's taken me years to grow my shimmy belly- and the egyptians love it since now there's more to move! I'm proud of it! :-)