Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Snow

It's cccccccccccold in Scotland!!!

I am home visiting everyone for Christmas. i only have a weeks holiday so i am saving it for friends and family only. Workshops and performances will have to wait until March when I am next back in the UK (watch the blog for info re when and where those events will be, as soon as all confirmed!)

Weather forecast here in Edinburgh tomorrow is high of -1deg c and low of -4 !!!
Cairo is to be high of 17 and low of 11.

and people ask me why I like to live in Cairo????? !!! Hmmm... well- THAT has got to be high on my list of reasons!!!!!

It is good to be back to visit friends and family though... although plans somewhat fell apart today , partly because i am snowed in!!!! Was a very strange experience, after all this time living in Africa, to be here, hunting for something to put under the car wheels to stop them spinning on the snow and get my car out of the gutter where it was stuck! Last time in my life I had a similar problem was in a jeep that got stuck in the sand in the sahara and we had to get bits of cardboard to place under the wheels!!!!!

I'm looking forward to performing at New Year on the Nile Pharoah again this year......... wonder if santa will be bringing in the 'bells' with a conga line as he did last year. Bizarre!!!! Whatever happens it will be fun because i have a big group of friends who are coming to the boat to say goodbye to 2009 with me!

Oh, and I will endeavour to write more if I can before the New Year! Friends have commented on the fact that I haven't been writing much as of late. If it's any consolation... I see a pattern. When i am both busier and more content within my life, I blog less. Blogging is a bit like my own self help therapy! So if you are a regular follower of my blog and get concerned about the reduction of blog entries at any period... please see it as a good thing and be happy for me!!!!!

Wishing you all a very Merry Christmas.... enjoy it to the max!

1 comment:

A Daft Scots Lass said...

Wonderful! I'm glad you are enjoying Bonnie Scotland. I wouldnt' be able to bear that cold weather