Tuesday, April 24, 2007

WORKING IN CAIRO !!!!!

I still have to write up about the closing show of the Nile group festival- but figured this new needed aired asap.....

Tonight I did my first 'legal' days work as a bellydancer in Cairo!!!

I am performing (almost nightly) at the restaurant boat the 'Nile Pharoah' (and sometimes on the 'Golden Pharoah' (also known as the Nile and Golden 'Pharon') Which are the boats docked by the corniche in Giza, beside the four seasons hotel. All gold and pharonic stylie... Small dancefloor- but hey- it my debut in Cairo and everyone has to start somewhere!!!

My band are the Safaa Farid band (as seen with the Farha tours in UK with Yasmina and co.)

If you are in Cairo and want to come and see me call the Pharoahs on 02 570 1000 to book!

It has been such a long hard struggle to get all the paperwork finalised etc and all of you my friends and family have supported me all the way and given me the self belief to keep going, to not give up hope of achieving the dream.... and now it is all done and I have danced my first night I can tell the whole world!!!!!!!

Lorna, the first Scottish bellydancer to perform in Cairo!

Very happy (in case you hadn't got that jist by now!!!)

14 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations, Lorna! You deserve it. I'm glad your perseverance and hard work paid off. I would love to be able to come and see you perform there! Enjoy!
Ali (Orr)

Anonymous said...

Lorna,
I am so happy for you!!Congratulations!!I am sure I am going to see you cos I am going to cairo in June!!So happy for you!!Looking forward to see your big smile on your face after the performance!!
Congratulations!!
Aline

Claire Hastie said...

That is such wonderful news - congratulations!!! I am feeling depressed about my PhD and you have cheered me up so much! Only worried that you might not come home now......
Love,
Claire xxx

Anonymous said...

Fantastic news! At long last and very well deserved.

Now we want to see pictures!
Laura M x

Lorna (aka BellyLorna!) said...

Home......... hmmm where is home again?

joking!

thanks for all the good wishes. for the comments here on the blog plus all the emails I have recieved from everyone already, even though I only posted this last night!

I'm very happy!

Anonymous said...

Hey you, you star!
Loving you all the way wherever you are.
very very happy for you,
Fiona and Robyn and Richard

Unknown said...

well done girl,
Insallah you ll continouse your succesfull nights in cairo (with ur shimmy shimmy)
& Hopefully u ll fedup sn & u ll decide 2 come bac :))
missing u
love Shirene (Turkish)
(could u able link any of ur dance shows on youtube or ur web?)

Anonymous said...

Fantastic news! So happy for you that you've finally achieved you dream! And looking forwards hearing all about it in your future blogs too!!
Natalie x

Anonymous said...

well done Lorna you must be so proud - at last all the waiting has paid off - congratulations
x
karen cameron

Anonymous said...

Congratulations! I'm an occasional reader of your blog and find it fascinating!

Helen

Annette McCann said...

Hi Lorna!

Congratulations! Everyone is so proud of you!

(Thanks for your blog - it's a fascinating read).

All power to your shimmy!

Lots of love, Annette xx

Annette McCann said...

Hi Lorna!

Congratulations!!! Everyone is so proud of you.

All power to your shimmy!

Lots of love, Annette xx

Lorna (aka BellyLorna!) said...

Not looked at the various comments on my blog for a while...... felt that since this one has so many comments its worth a comment from me
Thank you guys- all of you...for your warm wishes and support. I hope you do all get a chance to come and see me doing what I do here!!!

Anonymous said...

Found your blog by accident! Well done on getting so far, Lorna - you were always very determined and it´s clearly paid off!!!

Judith Whitelaw