Friday, April 03, 2015

Lorna in UK April/May 2015

I am doing a super quick wee trip to UK at the end of this month, for one week so that I can perform at a good friends wedding. Of course, I will be mainly using that week to catch up with family and friends, but I wouldn't be me if I didn't squeeze in a couple of workshops and shows in there too!

Sunday 26th April
Edinburgh Workshops




venue; LDA, 2 Rosefield Ave Lane, Portobello, Edinburgh EH15 1EX

The theme of the day is Egyptian Rhythms: By attending both workshops you will gain a comprehensive knowledge of the most commonly used Egyptian Rhythms. You will get lots of ideas for techniques that best fit them and how to make combinations that work well with them! 

There will be a lot of info and a lot of movement.
Bring a notebook and some water.
We will be discussing different rhythms in each workshop.

Workshop 1: 10am-noon
Rhythms part1 - wahda kabira, maqsoum, malfuf, waltz and fellahi

Workshop 2: 12.30-14.30
Rhythms part2 - masmoudi kabir, masmoudi sogheir, saaidi, khaleegi, ayuub and polka.

Each workshop cost £25. Book both for £45. payable by cheque or bank transfer.
Contact swishandhips@hotmail.co.uk for info and to book
or check out Facebook event page;


Monday 27th April
Edinburgh Dinner and Show



venue: Bijou Bistro, 2 restalrig road, Edinburgh, EH6 8BN

Bookings open on 13th April, direct from James at Bijou.
please check Facebook events page for further details;
https://www.facebook.com/events/693186027454330/


Sunday 3rd May 
Dinner and Show


venue; The Boot Pub, Bracknell, RG12 2LU

Tickets £20- includes meal and show.

available from Kymm at The Boot or contact Tao7@btinternet.com

check out Facebook event page for info;https://www.facebook.com/events/859767290749539/



I will also have a couple of hours available for private classes in Edinburgh from 25th april- 1st May- please contact me asap if interested via email bellylorna@hotmail.com


Looking forward to seeing everyone again... its been too too long since my last UK trip!

I will also be around UK throughout ramadan (mid june- mid july) and will post into re workshops and shows are soon as I have them!

No comments: