Wednesday, January 17, 2007

The weeks schedule...

ok- so the running order of waht we did when last week has kinda got a bit mixed up as I put on photos as and when they came to me! so here is the itinery for our holiday last week....... just in case anyone out there fancies coming on one of my holidays in the future!

Sat night/sun morning- arrive at Hotel el Hussain at 4am- choose to go for cuppa til 5am as too excited!!!

Sun- Citadel, Mosques of Sultan Hassan and Rafai, lunch, wander through old Islamic Cairo- past Blue Mosque to tentmakers alley for a little shopping. Cairo Sheraton at night to see Suzie dance.

Mon- arabic lesson/ cultural exchange with Hoda in hotel. Egyptian Pancakes. Yassers and Mahmouds costumes shops. Party with lots of dancer and friends with live music at my flat!

Tues- Dance lesson with me (lorna) in Studio in the sky in Maadi. lunch, wander through Maadi. Metro ride downtown. More costume shopping in the Khan. Meal in Naguib Mahfouz restaurant in the Khan. Earlish night

Wed- Camel ride in desert,Pyramids at Giza, Saccara, lunch and Memphis. Sound and light show at Giza. Zar.

Thurs- Dance lesson in hotel with Sara, Museam with Hoda, Nile Maxim to see Rhanda. Ramsis Hilton to see Hemis.

Fri- watch the morning prayers from balcony. Coptic Cairo (churches of st. Sergius and st. Barbara, ben ezra synagogue, coptic museam, hanging church) back to the Khan and Kushery. Nile Pharon to see Doaa, Marriot hotel nightclub to see Nancy.

Sat- Shop..... Al Azhar park for some. shop.... some shopping... meal at Naguib Mahfouz. Head to airport!


ok girls- I am bound to have missed out something..... let me know!!!! Now all I still have to write up about is the dancing we saw. Lots of photos to come with that too....... but have spent too many hours in front of this computer already today... so you'll have to wait for them!!!

1 comment:

TheDancingArchaeologist said...

Boy, do I suck. I finally sign up here, and don't post until you're back in the country! :p

But looking over your group visit photos - I'm so jealous of those girls! And you!

Going back to Cairo was so a big part of my plans when I graduated, but plans and reality are so... different, shall we say!

So who knows when I'll get back there (not an "if", not an "if"...!)

I hope to make it to your workshop(s) but I'm a bit ill this week (in retrospect, the 7 hours of dance classes last Sat were perhaps a tad overambitious!)

Kimx