Saturday, July 06, 2013

Update from Cairo

Hello friends... Just a wee blog to let everyone know that despite the way it looks on your tv screen, Cairo is almost running as usual... Away from the protest areas at least. I am safe at home and avoiding these areas!! Last night I saw Ellie singing and Camelia dancing on the Nile Maxim. So despite being directly opposite the clashes by maspero and October bridge which are no doubt on international tv, bellydancing was going on just across the water. It was very surreal! The show must go on !!! 

I'm frustrated cos I have so much to do before I travel to uk on Tuesday. Of course i am also worried for the future of my chosen country and for the people being hurt and killed because they are staying up for the Egypt they want. We just have to wait and see. Huge demos are scheduled agin for tomorrow. Anything can happen. 

A couple of videos for you if you want to understand what is going on in Egypt a little bit better...  I love these and think they hit the nail on the head in a way not many foreign news agencies have been able to! Enjoy. 

No comments: