Thursday, February 18, 2010

a busy day in the life of Lorna....

Trying to get myself organised... for a change. But have managed to get quite a lot done today. The Scottish tour workshops are confirmed...

Edinburgh 6th March, to book contact Elspeth, swishandhips@hotmail.co.uk
Dundee 13th March, to book contact Nova, nova_pin@hotmail.com
Glasgow 21st March, to book contact Joanie, bellydancerjoanie@hotmail.com


It's going to be really good to see everyone again. Now I just have to work out some studio space for teaching some private classes................ let me know if you are interested in that or/and if you have venue ideas in Edinburgh area!!!!


I also discovered 2 video clips on youtube of myself that I didn't know existed- funnily enough, both in the same costume (my Mango pharonics one!)- but not filmed by the same person or on the same date!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=upstvy5uxnU

and

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ctnZdIQlwJA


AND i did a private arabic class for 2.5 hours and felt I really made progress, it's slowly coming together! A friend was very patient with me and sat answering my questions. I have decided that i want to take one verb, then go through all possible uses of it... and really get good at it... thats the plan anyway... I have a fair amount of vocabulary now.... but i put it together in a way that isn't always understood as well as I'd like!!!

AND i did some 'dance' homework... working out what moves I actually do have in my current performance repertoire, and finding that Thank God- i do have a lot more than 6 !!!! Sometimes it feels like you do the same thing over and over... but i haven't been, I dont think! Mind you- I also have some fresh inspiration now and can resurrect some moves I haven't used for a while! These things really do go in phases for me. The downside of not choreographing.... the upside is of course that you 'invent' new moves whilst improvising! I miss teaching! That is the perfect way for me to keep a handle on all my various moves!!! I even practised!!!

AND i cooked- worthy of note becuase I so rarely do that! Healthy stuff too!

AND i dyed my hair (well, a friend did that for me)... I MISS being blonde, although granted don't really want to be blonde in this country!

busy day............ and it's not even midnight yet!...... what to do now?................

No comments: